DAY CHIROPRACTIC CLINIC HISTORY
Chiropractic for the Day family began in 1921 with the graduation of J.W. "Bill" Day and his wife, Laura Scott Day, from the Palmer School of Chiropractic. Their practice opened that same year in Rockford, Illinois. A thriving practice soon emerged. The first of two children, William Scott Day, was born in Rockford, Illinois on January 31, 1923. The Day's subsequently moved to Meadowbrook, Washington, about five miles northeast of North Bend, Washington, where a fresh start and "good water" were found.
The practice flourished and their second child, James Scott Day, was born May, 1927. The Days then moved to Bremerton, Washington in 1942, beginning again, a new practice. Then came World War II, the marriage of William to Norma M. Day and post war attendance to Palmer School of Chiropractic, graduating in January, 1947 and the beginning of Day Chiropractic Clinic in Spokane, Washington,on April 17, 1948.
Laura and J.W. Day, D.C.'s soon followed and joined the Spokane clinic. James S. Day graduated from the Palmer School of Chiropractic in 1951, joining the Spokane practice. J.W. Day, D.C. passed away in 1953 due to complications of diabetes. in 1959, James S. Day, D.C., moved his practice to Richland, Washington and practiced very successfully there until his death in 1986. William S. Day, D.C. practiced in Spokane from 1948 to retirement in 1980. He also ran successful campaign's to the State Legislature, elected State Representative five times and State Senate three times, serving as Speaker of the House of Representatives from 1963 to 1965 and Chair of the Senate Safety and Health Services Committee.
William S. Day and Norma had five children; Diana K., John W., Danial L, William S. Jr. and Timothy J.. John W. Day, D.C. graduated from Palmer College of Chiropractic in June, 1967 and began practice with his father, purchasing the business in 1980. Timothy J. Day, D.C. graduated from Palmer College of Chiropractic in 1987 and began practice with his brother, purchasing the business in 2000. Dr. Timothy J. Day, D.C. continues the practice today.